> I find it very ironic that a task force appointed by our city council to
> draft an ordinance to control smoke filled rooms engages in smoke filled
> room policy making because they afraid of that the public might hear
> what they are saying.
>
> Thanks to Scott Russell's reporting in the current issue of the SOUHWEST
> JOURNAL,

Thanks for the mention, Jim:

Here's the Web site link for other members:
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/2004/07/08/news/news07.txt

Other stories of note:

Smoking bans: reviewing the evidence
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/2004/07/08/news/news11.txt
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/2004/07/08/news/news12.txt

10th Ward's Niziolek won't seek relection - detailed reasons why
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/2004/07/08/news/news04.txt

City liquor rules lead to Happy Hour deals
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/2004/07/08/news/news01.txt

Junked cars cost city taxpayers $3.6 million
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/2004/07/08/news/news06.txt

Quietly, city keeps salary-cap pledge
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/2004/07/08/news/news08.txt

Task force may decide Walker Library's future
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/2004/07/08/news/news03.txt

20 $1-million homes for Bryn Mawr's Anwatin Woods
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/2004/07/08/news/news02.txt

Profile of Whittier business activist Ramon Leon
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/2004/07/08/swjlife/life01.txt

Profile of Jon Hinchliff, city's Sex Offender Notification coordinator
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/2004/07/08/swjlife/life01.txt

Langauge maps reveal what your neighbors speak
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/2004/07/08/neighbors/neighbors03.txt

"Enhancing" Uptown: an editorial
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/2004/07/08/opinion/opinion01.txt

Tow truck drivers wake the neighborhood: a column
http://www.swjournal.com/articles/2004/07/08/opinion/opinion02.txt

David Brauer
Kingfield
Editor, Southwest Journal