Tim Connolly wrote:

I'm shocked, shocked not to see any defense of the Mayor
after he was skewered by Doug Grow. I guess most people on
this list plan to hold their noses when they pull the lever. Or
do we think the Mayor is truthful when he sidesteps the issue.

Say what you will about the stadium but at least Peter McLaughlin
has the courage to show his hand while the Mayor waffles.

Dottie replies:

I'm not sure the mayor was waffling. As I read his words, my impression was that it is not a simple matter. if economic times were different, then things might be different. If the economy were booming and revenues were good, I imagine that many more people would favor a new stadium. In the current times, however, it gives one pause when there is a move to commit millions of public dollars to a new stadium even as we cut tens of thousands of working poor from MinnesotaCare and close public schools. I don't call this waffling but a refreshing dose of realism.

Dottie Titus, Jordan