David Brady wrote:

> I believe the man wasn't carrying his gun on him it was
> in his car  so I don't see how the law has anything to
> do with it? Anyone can carry a  gun in there car license or
> no license.

Not only can anyone carry a gun in their car, anyone can
carry a gun on their person.  Do people really believe that
criminals (or others) don't carry guns when feel the need
to?  I knew several people in L.A. who always carried guns
regardless of whether they had licenses or not.  I don't
think the gun law has any impact whatsoever on whether
criminals carry guns.  And in the case of the bouncer who
was shot, whether the killer had a license or not is most
likely irrelevant. I sure you could find many cases of
bouncers being killed by unlicensed guns.

David Gadberry wrote:

>  If you are in a situation where deadly force might be required to
>  protect yourself or a loved one do you actually think that
>  the police will be around to deal with the situation???
>  Of course not - the police can't (and shouldn't) be everywhere.

The probability of the average citizen using a gun to protect themselves
from criminal assault is about the same as winning the lottery.  The
probability of being killed by someone with a license to carry one is
even smaller.  This all breaks down to whether you "feel" carrying guns
is a good idea or not.

Michael Atherton
Prospect Park