Outlawing is one thing.

Outlawing outlawing is another thing (that some here seem to favor).

What I find more useful and interesting than either is outlawing outlawing
outlawing, or even better, outlawing outlawing outlawing outlawing.

I myself would like to join the outlaw outlaw outlaw outlaws, as soon as
we write their outbylaws.

--David Shove

ps
My solution for smoking is to in-law it - then nobody would want to do it.