Even if they are cool now, I still hate pink flamingoes. My wife has a couple in her flower garden. She says I just am not cool enough to appreciate them, and perhaps she is correct. I don't mess with her flamingoes either. And do NOT think they should be outlawed, even though they make our yard look gosh. Same goes for people's personal lawn signs.

By the way, if people can fly different flags and banners then why is it not discriminatory to ban political banners. No, I think people can put up their very own signs when ever they wish, and wherever they wish, for what ever reason they wish on their own property.

I liked the hand painted 4X8 sign the McLaughlin campaign had today at the GLBT Pride parade. Speaking of which, man did that campaign's float and marching group rock at the parade. That singing group on the back of the paddlewheel float was absolutely rocking. On a few of the songs the people dancing on the float actually had it bouncing down the street. Now that was fun. Sandy Colvin-Roy really got into the music, at one point she got off the little red scooter she was zipping around on and danced down the street. Did a good job too! That group was HOT!

Jim Graham,
Ventura Village

"The people are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
- Thomas Jefferson