Michael Atherton wrote:

If in the America of the 21st century we cannot find a solution to
equalize the delivery of educational services then we have failed as a free and democratic society. And there is no need to fail. As
an individual I can come up with any number of possible solutions,
none of which will be entirely pleasant for teachers, but so what.
Please elaborate regarding the possible solutions since it's clear that you're not interested in analyzing the causes. A discussion about solutions is where we want to get, anyway, even though I think it would do us all some good to talk more about the causes of the current circumstances. I'm a little suspect of solutions that don't consider causal factors.

And I wouldn't worry too much about the solutions being entirely pleasant for teachers; things getting less pleasant for teachers appears to be a trend that you won't get credit for initiating.

Dan McGuire
Ericsson