Arthur T. Himmelman suggests:

"I realize that this may be an unrealistic request, but I am wondering if
anyone would like to try to do more of what Jon Stewart asked of CNN's
Crossfire
crowd: Would you analyze, discuss, and debate the substantive issues of the
politics that you are discussing rather than simply attacking the political
strategies and personal qualities of those that you oppose?

'Specifically, I am wondering if more of our mpls.mnforum commentators might
be willing offer analysis and discussions of important issues relevant to
the
major's race by dispassionately comparing and contrasting R.T's. and Peter's
stated (written if available) positions on -- you select the issues.
Thanks."

....we're pretty well stuck with the convential Jon Stewart approach of
parody and satire since debate with the detailed discussion backed by analysis
of
important issues that Himmelmann craves might lead to a series of very long
multi-part posts....no one will read them if we are to judge from previous
posts
on the tedious length of some of our posts here...it would be hard on the list
manager as well.....discerning tedium from brilliant exposé....one way to do
it might be be the bin der dun dat approach....I seem to recall almost reading
a number of RT and the homeless posts more than once....

....today I told a candidate for sump'n er udder at my door that I had
attended a hundred meetings a month in my capacity as a neighborhood sump'n er
udder; I meant per year, I'm certain, but I think I caught a hyperbolec
infection
some time before she knocked from reading a week's Wirth of posts on this list
(switched OS and a little behind on everything)....I've been told by the
doctor that the infection is terminal...only the symptoms can be treated with
gags
(not the funny kind) and various other restraints...along with abstinance from
activities like reading, or posting to...this
list...must....stop.....reading.....writing....now.......or some time in the
future......

Bill Kahn
....trying to containing myself in Prospect Park, until I have something more
serious or list specific to say