On 9/16/05, Constance Nompelis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In a perfect world I would be libertarian and say let
> people do what they want to their own bodies... but
> this world ain't perfect and the drug dealers are
> shooting each other over turf and $$$ and the crack
> pipes, hood stores, and blase attitudes of stores
> owners are contributing to the madness.

If the problem is drug dealers shooting each other and other people
over turf and $$$, then banning crack pipes or other paraphernalia
from corner stores isn't going to accomplish anything.  Users and
dealers aren't prevented or encouraged to use or sell drugs based on
whether you can go into a store and buy a pipe, syringe, etc.  There
isn't anybody out there that is thinking, "I would start doing drugs
if only I could buy a pipe, but since I can't I won't!"

On the other hand, if that corner store sold the drugs themselves,
then all the dealers would disappear, driven out of business by a
higher quality and cheaper product.  If the elimination of drug turf
wars is the goal, then we should talk with our city and state leaders
about ending this irrational War on Drugs.  I haven't heard of too
many shootings over tobacco and alcohol turf wars.

--
Nathan Hunstad
CARAG

PGP DH/DSS public key -- http://www.angelfire.com/mn/freakpower/nhpubkey.txt