Contrary to Ms. Higgins comments, I did not state that Klodt contributed to the
campaign
committees of Colvin Roy and Kummer.  The contributions were made through less
publicly visible
back doors instead.

Ms. Higgins appears to be avoiding the issue of "perception of impropriety",
instead noting the
strict legality of the flow of money.

Klodt has big business going on in Ward 12 w/the Hiawatha Flats development.
The Council Member
and Park Commissioner/Planning Commissioner member are heavily indebted to
Klodt.  At the planning
commission meeting 6 days after the election, Ms. Kummer cast the only vote in
favor of the Klodt
proposal.

Kevin McDonald's analysis of Klodt contributions to the election of Colvin Roy:
http://www.kevinmcdonald.org/issues/campaignfinance/

Call me crazy, but I expect more from people.  I think many of the new entrants
into the DFL,
motivated by the likes of Dean and Kucinich, have similar expectations.  We're
going to see some
new ethical standards over coming years.

Jason Stone
Diamond Lake