To: "David Tilsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <mpls@mnforum.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Mpls] class size - student achievement number of cops - crime

--- David Tilsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Our problem is motivating those students who find
the classroom and/school something they are
uninterested in or unwilling to participate in.
.

And one thing which affects the motivation of students
is the connection they have with their teachers, who
try to raise self-esteem and increase enthusiasm for
learning. This kind of positive attention is
intoxicating and it is amazing how far it can take
someone.
But it is very hard to build these kinds of
relationships in the first place, and I would say the
larger the class, the less time a teacher has for each
student, the less likely it will change student
behavior and/or performance.
Unfortunately I have reams of anecdotal evidence for
this but very little research.

mark from loring

Yahoo! DSL - Something to write home about.
Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com