Peter, I do know all that. Thanks for your response
anyway. I had checked all of the settings including
max len on queue manager, DLQ, channel, xmit queue...
The AMI manual does not say anything about max msg len
specific to AMI. All this had led me to believing that
the max msg len limit of WMQI applies to AMI as well.
But this particular group that I am dealing with has
always blamed MQ when something unexpected occured, in
the past. And it always (well, almost always) turned
out to be an application  problem. Before, I turned
around this time to to ask them to look at their
programs again, I thought I would check with the
listserv, just in case I missed something.

Thanks,

Ruzi
--- "Potkay, Peter M (PLC, IT)"