From: Adiraju, Rao [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2004 4:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Managing linear logs with MQ5.3 on Windows

 Hi all

I have experienced the same problem for the past few weeks in my current
client site. PERL and JAVA have their own problems and I can't locate MS62
zip file for Windows version so on.. So on..

I don't understand why IBM doesn't provide a support pack that is native to
windows platform ?? My guess as good as anyone - so I will leave it here.

But anyway,  I have developed a VB Script which does exactly the same as any
perl/java script and put in place.

If anybody wants to use it - here it is (attached as a txt file and just
rename it to .VBS). The principle is same, reads the AMQERR01.LOG, finds out
the last log number for media recovery and then deletes all previous ones.
Feel free to modify to suit your needs.

Cheers

Rao

Ps: Disclaimer - even though it is tested thoroughly, no guarantees are
given.