From: Kerry Swemmer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 6:55 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MsgId and CorrelId Conversion

Greetings All,

We are in the process of rehosting OS/390 to AIX and I am looking for
some thoughts on a problem we have run into. To provide test data on AIX
I have a channel message exit on our gateway/hub.OS/390 channel that
copies all mainframe-bound messages to the AIX qmgr, however initial
testing has highlighted a problem with the "format" of the MsgId and
CorrelId fields. Some of the applications, reading messages off some of
the queues, all from the same source qmgr need to use the MsgId/CorrelId
values but they are currently being sent in EBCDIC format and are not
'readable' on AIX. At the moment I am looking at either selectively
translating the fields in the message exit or setting up a translation
routine on AIX, if possible, that can be called by those applications
that need it. Do any of you have any
experience/thoughts/gotchas/samples/alternatives that you could share to
help me in my decision? TIA,

> Kerry Swemmer
> T-Systems South Africa (Pty) Ltd
> Database Administrator
> Computing and Desktop Services
> Address: DaimlerChrysler, 7 Settlers Way, East London, South Africa
> Postal Address: PO Box 671, East London, 5200
> Phone:  +27 (43) 706 2549
> Fax:    +27 (43) 706 2085
> Mobile: +27 (83) 657 4151
> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Internet: www.t-systems.co.za

and T-Systems South Africa (Pty) Ltd accepts no liability therefore,
except where the sender specifically states them to be those of
T-Systems South Africa (Pty) Ltd.  Although this message has been
scanned for the possible presence of computer viruses prior to despatch,
T-Systems South Africa (Pty) Ltd cannot be held responsible for any
viruses or other material transmitted with, or as part of, this message.