The "(BlockExit)" part is the function to call inside the DLL.

The exit is loaded when someone uses the channel. Try the following simple
test procedure:

Creating a test server connection channel called "test"
define the exit against that
Open a DOS window set MQSERVER=test/TCP/localhost
Use a tool to get or put a message to a test queue
Check that the log file is created in the directory you specified in the
parameter file

Here is a sample parameter file:

LogPath=\mqm\logs
LogDrive=c:
LogFormat=NDC
LogFileName=MQCHANNEL
LogExt=txt
#
#
#
#BlockMqmUsers=Y
#
# Disable using older style
#
#Userids=god,user1,user2
#Patterns=203.0.*.*,172.30.*.*
#
CON=203.0.228.*;*;MCA=mqa
CON=172.30.*.*;*;MCA=dbadm

This creates a log file MQCHANNEL_test_20040427.txt

Hope this helps!

Sid