Tony,

Well it all depends on where the channels are running. If the channels are
running as threads of the listener which was the case prior to 5.3 then the
channels themselves will terminate (and probably not in a nice way if
you're talking KILL -9 or task manager here).  5.3 and after, killing the
listener, by default, will have no effect on your running channels because
they are actually running in an AMQRMPPA process.

The time it takes a remote system to detect a channel that has been killed
on a remote system depends on a number of factors such as type of channel,
keep alive settings, heartbeat interval, location of the two ends of the
channel etc.  In general it is a good idea to have keepalive switched on, a
reasonable keep alive interval ie. much less than 2 hours and heatrbeat
intervals that are not too long.

Sorry if this sounds a little vague,
Cheers,
P.

Paul G Clarke
WebSphere MQ Development
IBM Hursley

             Tony Boggis
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             Sent by: MQSeries                                          To
             List                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             N.AC.AT>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RUNMQLSR : What happens...

                Tony Boggis

 ...to established connections when a runmqlsr process is terminated?

I don't have easy access to a running environment at the moment so I am
posing this question.
If I have a cluster of queue managers with active CLUSSDR/CLUSRCVR
channels, what happens to those channels if the runmqlsr process is
terminated (in particular in a Solaris environment) on a single queue
manager?

How long does it ordinarily take for remote systems to spot that a
connection to another cluster queue manager is unavailable (before a
connection goes to retrying)? Instructions for managing your mailing list
subscription are provided in the Listserv General Users Guide available at
http://www.lsoft.com Archive: http://vm.akh-wien.ac.at/MQSeries.archive