From: MQSeries List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Jitender Bhatia
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 9:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: (Resolved Thanks )RE: Re: MMC/Any GUI for administering MQ on
AIX

Resolved the problem. Thanks to all for info provided.

I found that following should be true for MQ Q Mgr to be administered remotely from a
GUI :
- Command Server should be running.
- Listener for the Q Mgr should be running.
- A Channel by the name SYSTEM.ADMIN.SVRCONN should exist.

I am able to use MQJExplorer as well as Websphere MQ Explorer for administration.

BUT, how can i restrict who can administer, anyone with MQJExplorer can now administer
MQ Series. No authentication ? Any ideas on this are welcome.

regards