From: Bruce Baxter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 7:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: What do MQAdmins read?

I really resisted the urge to give a wise answer early on in this discussion, but now that it's a free for all, I'll give my two cents.

Readers Digest
European Car
z/Journal
IBM's CICS, MQ Series, z/Series and p/Series magazines (published bi-monthly or something like that -- I forget what they're called exactly).
Whatever the NASPA magazine is called now -- though my subscription seems to have lapsed.
PC Magazine. I get rather excited when I see some of the products that are industry standards reviewed in it, though this doesn't happen very often. I've seen Websphere App Server reviewed, and It has made mention of some of the CICS and MQ connectors at times. However, I consider PC Magazine to be a sort of frilly alternative to the in-depth techie view that magazines like BYTE used to provide in what is now the ancient past. It's more consumer oriented than techie/developer oriented.

Inactive hide details for Roger Lacroix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>Roger Lacroix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Roger Lacroix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

10/19/2004 06:45 PM

Please respond to
MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc

Subject

Re: What do MQAdmins read?

Hummm,

So, put a couple of full queues on page and say:
'Attention MQ Admins: What would you do with these queues?'

And of course with the subtitle of:
'If your queues are really big and really full, then you need an
industrial-strength product like our 'XYZ' product.'

:)))

Regards,
Roger Lacroix