Our applications have been shown to run much better with a local queue manager and Java Bindings rather than client access. That's why we'd be leaning towards local queue managers on each blade.
Inactive hide details for Christopher Warneke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>Christopher Warneke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

          Christopher Warneke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
          Sent by: MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

          10/20/2004 11:57 AM

          Please respond to
          MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc

Subject

Re: AIX Blade Servers

Are you sure that you need MQ servers on the blades?
Make sure that you can't use a client first - they're
both generic and free.  You'll need the CAF (Client
Attachment Facility) installed if the backend is a
z/os mainframe.

--- Bruce Baxter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We're giving some consideration to moving in the
> direction of implementing
> pSeries Blade Servers to host our Web Applications
> which get their data
> from our back end systems using MQ Series.  What are
> the practical ins and
> outs of administering this sort of configuration?
>
> I'm wondering specifically, what mechanisms can be
> put into place so that
> each blade has its own unique queue manager.  When
> you bring a new blade
> online, does it take a copy of the base image, or
> run from a common copy
> with all the other blades?  How does it get its own
> uniquely named queue
> manager?

the Listserv General Users Guide available at
http://www.lsoft.com
Archive:
http://vm.akh-wien.ac.at/MQSeries.archive

<<inline: graycol.gif>>