All,

On Unix, the MQ security checking is 'group based' but on Windows you can give
MQ privileges at the 'user level' (I don't recommend this).  Secondly, on Unix
if you apply the MQ security to a user then MQ will resolve backwards to the
user's 'primary' group.  MQ will apply the MQ security to that primary group
(this may or may not be what you want.)

So, for all distributed plaforms it is better to create user groups, put users
in those groups and assign the MQ security at the group level.

If you have a user called 'mquser' then create a group called: 'mqgrp1' and put
the user in it.

Now do your MQ security commands as follows:

   setmqaut -m MyQMgrName -t qmgr -g mqgrp1 +connect +inq +dsp
   setmqaut -m MyQMgrName -t queue -g mqgrp1 -n ABC.**   +allmqi +dsp
   setmqaut -m MyQMgrName -t queue -g mqgrp1 -n TEST.**  +allmqi +dsp

This will allow anyone in the group connect to the queue manager and access any
queue that begins with either 'ABC' or 'TEST'.

If you are not concerned about which queue they access, but just restrict them
from the ADMIN commands then you can give them access to all queues by issuing
the following commands:

   setmqaut -m MyQMgrName -t qmgr -g mqgrp1 +connect +inq +dsp
   setmqaut -m MyQMgrName -t queue -g mqgrp1 -n *.**   +allmqi +dsp

Please read the manual on the differences between wildcarding - in particular,
the differences between '*' and '**'.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix