From: MQSeries List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill
Anderson
Sent: 22 November 2004 20:06
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Using gsk6cmd to create certificates and key ring files on AIX

I have been struggling with setting up SSL on an AIX server running AIX 5.2
and WMQ5.3 CSD07. The IBM security manual only walks you through procedures
for using the gsk6ikm which only works with a server that is X-compatible
(so you can "see" the GUI of course). It goes on to say, and I quote,
"WebSphere MQ does not support the gsk6cmd command."

gsk6cmd is the command line version of the ikeyman tool used to create key
repositories and certificates.

has anyone had success using gsk6cmd on AIX? I have tried, but get various
errors depending on how I set up the environment and what command line
options I use with the tool.

Thanks

Bill Anderson
SITA Atlanta, GA
Standard Messaging Engineering
WebSphere MQ Service Owner
770-303-3503 (office)
404-915-3190 (cell)

This e-mail contains information which is SITA - Company Confidential

All sita.int addresses have changed to sita.aero [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mconnect.aero/

Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the
Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com