Thanks Tom!

My copy of the manual is from June 2002. I will download it and have a
look. I am sure it will get me off in the right direction.

Bill Anderson
SITA Atlanta, GA
Standard Messaging Engineering
WebSphere MQ Service Owner
770-303-3503 (office)
404-915-3190 (cell)

This e-mail contains information which is SITA - Company Confidential

All sita.int addresses have changed to sita.aero
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mconnect.aero/

                      Tom Schneider
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      OM>                      cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Re: Using gsk6cmd to
create certificates and key ring files on AIX
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      N.AC.AT>

                      11/23/2004 07:39
                      AM

Bill,

Are you sure you are using the latest copies of the manuals?    The
command line interface wasn't supported for the initial release of 5.3,
but support was added a few months later.     The version of the Security
manual published in October 2002 has sample gsk6cmd commands.    The
System Administration Guide from the October 2002 version onward has more
detailed documentation for the commands in Chapter 18, "Using the IKEYCMD
interface to manage keys and certificates on UNIX systems."     Also, in
case you aren't already aware of this, you can download pdfs of any of the
WMQ manuals for free through this site:
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/integration/mqfamily/library/manualsa/

Hope this helps,

Tom

Tom Schneider / IBM Global Services - MQSeries ASC
(513) 274-4034
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bill Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
11/22/2004 03:06 PM

cc

Subject
Using gsk6cmd to create certificates and key ring files on AIX

I have been struggling with setting up SSL on an AIX server running AIX
5.2
and WMQ5.3 CSD07. The IBM security manual only walks you through
procedures
for using the gsk6ikm which only works with a server that is X-compatible
(so you can "see" the GUI of course). It goes on to say, and I quote,
"WebSphere MQ does not support the gsk6cmd command."

gsk6cmd is the command line version of the ikeyman tool used to create key
repositories and certificates.

has anyone had success using gsk6cmd on AIX? I have tried, but get various
errors depending on how I set up the environment and what command line
options I use with the tool.

Thanks