Bobbee -

Ditto on what Linda said.

  OTMA Bridge has always been that 'special case' for conversion.  We went
w/ CONVERT(YES) on the chl, as well.  I also agree that 'Receiver Makes
Good' is a great policy...if you can enforce it!!!

  Cliff Notes version....it's still CONVERT(YES) !!!

Cheers,
  Art

Arthur C. Schanz
Lead Operating Systems Programmer
Federal Reserve Information Technology
Messaging Middleware Support
IBM Certified System Administrator, Solutions Designer - WebSphere MQ V6.0
(804) 697-3889
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Barton, Linda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT>
03/27/2008 10:00 AM
Please respond to
MQSeries List <MQSERIES@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT>

MQSERIES@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT
cc

Subject
Re: IMS Bridge Data Conversion

We ended up having to turn conversion ON for the channels from the
mainframe to the midrange for any nodes that were using OTMA/IMS.  That of
course has come back to bite us as applications move around.  Although our
standards say the application is responsible to do the convert on the
MQGET, they do not.  Now that they are migrating to new environments, all
of a sudden their messages are NOT converted!  Imagine that!

But when we started with OTMA oh?.10 years ago, we ran into this issue and
put conversion on the sending channel to the midrange.

Linda Barton
Personal Market Information Technology -
Application Technology services (ATS)