Pere,

It would seem desirable to do the "fanout" on the z/OS machine, if it were
to be done anywhere else you would be introducing more points of failure
etc. It seems to me that you have three real choices.

1) Get the originating application to put to the three destinations
if that is not possible then:
2) Put the message onto a z/OS queue and have another application that
removes the message from this queue and does the fanout for you.
3) Use pubsub.

If you need to do this at MQ V6 then MB is the only pubsub engine
available to you on z/OS. Do you already have MB, or also have other
requirements for message filtering/transformation/content based routing?
If so then it might be worth looking at MB. Of course, what you are
wanting to achieve is VERY simple with MQ V7, so you will probably want to
keep that in mind with any solution you are currently looking at, so that
when you move to V7 in the future you can simplify your solution.

Thanks
Paul

Paul Dennis
WebSphere MQ for z/OS Development

Pere Guerrero Olmedo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT>
02/04/2008 09:36
Please respond to
MQSeries List <MQSERIES@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT>

MQSERIES@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT
cc

Subject
Any smart solution to send a meesage to 2 queues (last question)

Paul,

so if I need to send from Host to 3 different distributed platforms the
same message, definitely, do I need to use pub/subs ?
Do I need message broker at Host as publisher too ?

Mirroring seemed the solution until I have been informed that I had to
replicate the message in 3 machines... :-(

Thanks
Regards.

             Paul S Dennis
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             COM>                                                     Para

             Enviado por:              MQSERIES@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT
             MQSeries List                                              cc

             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             V.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.A                                      Asunto

             T>                        Fw: Any smart solution to send a
                                       meesage to 2 queues

             01/04/2008 17:16

                Por favor,
                responda a
               MQSeries List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             V.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.A

Should also say you would need some application on the distributed side to
play in the fanout... Been a long day burning DVDs for the MQ labs at
IMPACT next week!

What don't you like about pubsub? and has that been fixed in V7?

Thanks
Paul

Paul Dennis
WebSphere MQ for z/OS Development

----- Forwarded by Paul S Dennis/UK/IBM on 01/04/2008 16:14 -----

 Paul S
 Dennis/UK/IBM

 01/04/2008 16:02              MQSeries List
                               <MQSERIES@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject

                               Re: Any smart solution to send a meesage to

                               2 queuesLink

Sounds like you want MQ V7 :-)

With V7 it is a lot easier to setup the pub sub etc. Your putting
application doesn't even need to know that pub sub is involved.

You can define a queue alias that points to a topic and then a couple of
administratively defined subs with the appropriate destination queues and
queue manager.

Alternatively you could do the distribution list fanout on the distributed
machine, with the use of appropriate remote queue and alias
definitions....
I would go with pubsub :-)

Thanks
Paul

Paul Dennis
WebSphere MQ for z/OS Development

 Pere Guerrero Olmedo
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Sent by: MQSeries List                                                 To

 <MQSERIES@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT>              [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                                   IWIEN.AC.AT
                                                                        cc

 01/04/2008 15:49
                                                                   Subject

                                                   Any smart solution to
              Please respond to                    send a meesage to 2
                MQSeries List                      queues
    <MQSERIES@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT>

Hi,

I need to send 1 message from Z/OS to 2 queues in a distributed platform.

Apart from publish & subscribe method, does anyone know any ingenious idea
to do it ?

Thanks in advanced.
Regards.
Pere

To unsubscribe, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and,
in the message body (not the subject), write: SIGNOFF MQSERIES
Archive: http://listserv.meduniwien.ac.at/archives/mqser-l.html

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Unless stated otherwise above: