Hi all,

I am an Access novice. I have just bought (finally) Access 97 2nd hand
from eBay ( I hope it is real 2nd hand, and not new "made in china 2nd
hand"). I think I bought it as a better Excel than Excel wrt being
able to better track my hours and bill my clients.

Anyway, my immediate problem is that I want a column to present the
difference between the two previous columns, i.e.:
   C = B - A

(Ok, you guessed, WTime = 'End Time' minus 'Start Time' ...)

I was assuming that I could set this up simply in the Table Design
mode without writing VBA. I have been fiddling with the Default Value
field for column C, for which the Expression Builder opens, but I am
not getting anywhere. I thought that, like Excel, there would be a
simple way of specifying column names, and then applying arithmetic
xpressons on combinations of them.

What is the simplest way to do this?

Is this something that can be done in Access 200x but not in Access 97?

tia

Avraham Makeler

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/q7folB/TM