Hi,I'm designing (as an amateur) a db for a manager in a building .
There are 30 residents and they use natural gas and have natural gas
gauges. Every first day of a month gauges are read by the building
manager and the difference of gauge reading with the prevous month is
calculated and multiplied with the gas price and the amount is charged
from the resident. Sometimes gas readings are same at previous and the
later months because of two reasons: not used or gauge is out of
order. When the gauge is out of order manager changes it and charges
the amount to the resident. If manager can not change it in time he
writes "gas used" as an avarage in that month and he charges the
amount from the resident when he changes it. In my db the main table
Tbl_GasRecords has fields as Date, Last_Gas_Reading. From a query I
get the differences of used gas by the resident and with a report [gas
price*gas used] is calculated and shown to residents.
Now I want to learn:
1. How can I add the "price of the gas gauge" when it is changed and
show it on the report?
2. If it will not changed in time how can I calculate the average gas
used and add it on the report?
3. How can I warn the manager to remember to change the gas gauge next
month if he didn't change it.
4. If the gauge readings same because of not used how it can be noted?
As you see most of my questions is about designing the db. Thanks for
your answers in advance.
Ruhi Kulez

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/q7folB/TM