Den 19-10-2011 12:07, Martin Schreiber skrev:
> On Wednesday 19 October 2011 11.10:16 Christian Nobel wrote:
>>
>> If I play a little around with the compiler directive {$H+}, I can get
>> the rest of the program ( the blabla string) to act as expected, namely
>> as a wide or short string, but it makes no difference to my dataset.
>>
> What is the maximal length which is returned?
>
>> Any one having a suggestion what to do?
>
> AFAIK the length of VARCHAR is limited in FCL, in MSEgui it can be any value.
> If the returned length is > 255 then it is probably no shortstring/ansistring
> problem. Use Zeos memo fields or use the MSEgui database components.
>
> Martin

Ahhh, bummer, found the problem.

Indirectly you gave me the answer.

There are no limitations in SQLite on the length of a Varchar, so by
using the SQLite manager, it is possible to fill the field with a long text.

But the problem appears to be the interpretation of the field by Zeos
(and probably other db libraries) as the field is truncated.

Changing the field to text instead of varchar changes the behaviour of
Zeos, as the field now is seen as a memo field.

Tnx
Christian