On Wednesday 26 October 2011 17.50:04 Patrick Goupell wrote:
> I have a stringdisplay widget and am trying to use some on events.

tstringdisp?

> I have tried onchange, onenter, onfocus and onnavigrequest.
>
> The only one that responses is onchange.
>
> Is this correct behavior?

Yes, tstringdisp can not be focused by default. Activate
tstringdisp.optionswidget ow_tabfocus, ow_mouosefocus or ow_arrowfocus.

> If the other onevents (onenter, onfocus, onnavigrequest) are not
> valid/active perhaps they should not be listed in the object inspector.

The standard events are published for all widgets because of repeated user
request ("in Lazarus I can...", "I am accustomed from Delphi to use OnXyz...",
"Why is there no OnXyz event? Lazarus and Delphi have it!"...).

Martin