On Thursday, 23. February 2012 10.57:25 Julio Jiménez wrote:

> If I have a file IE  main.pas and MSEide and this file open, I execute in a
> shell touch main.pas and then when I click MSEide editor.. it detects the
> file has changed.
>
> It doesn't detect if you replace the file by another.

There was a problem with in editor modified files, fixed in git master
24abd2d532b6ce0cf0f2c6535a79936fa2bb324e. It probably will not help you
because you write there is no difference if you save a changed editor
file "by hand" and wait 10 seconds before calling the external tool.
My MSEide detects overwritten files by cp command.
Steps:
- load test.txt in editor, the tab must be active at least one time.
- run in a shell
"
cp test.txt.copy test.txt
"
- MSEide asks for reloading the changed file.