On Thursday 25 October 2012 01:10:41 Sieghard wrote:
> Hallo Ivanko,
>
> Du schriebst am Thu, 25 Oct 2012 01:57:45 +0500:
> > Possibly Sieghard wants to have its client-side app of "service"
> > (daemon) type. It's a  special type of win-32 apps - with attention to
>
> Yes, that might be a possible solution - although I'm still quite reluctant
> to delve into these unknown waters - unknown to me, at least. I'm a long
> time Windows avoider, the most I work with Windows is on my notebook (XP)
> or on my "big" machine in a virtual machine (W2000). I _had_ to take some
> closer looks at the newer Windows, and decidedly did _not_ like them at
> all. But anyway, I know that Delphi does provide a special application type
> for "services", and I think I saw a similar thing among the msegui
> applications. Martin will set this straight, I'm sure. ;-)

Simply write "msenogui" instead of "msegui" in uses of the main program in
oder to instantiate a event driven "tnoguiapplication" without GUI elements.
Examples are here:
https://gitorious.org/mseuniverse/mseuniverse/trees/master/attic/msedocumenting/mse/trunk/help/tutorials/nogui

I don't know if there are more steps necessary for a Windows service.