On Friday 01 April 2016 17:16:29 Krzysztof wrote:
> >> BTW: How to change output dir for all *.o and *.ppu files to local lib
> >> dir? Tried Project -> Options -> Make -> Make directory but getting
> >> "Make ***ERROR*** 1" in MSEide center (directory "lib" exists)
> >
> > Please add "-FUxxxx" to 'Project'-'Options'-'Make'-'Make options'
> > http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/current/user/usersu14.html#x37-440005
> >.1.3 'Make Directory' is the current directory where FPC will be started.
>
> Thanks, working perfect. I noticed that adding -Cg reduces binary size
> from 4MB to 1.7MB (linux 64bit). Maybe it should be added by default
> into IDE make options?

Interesting.
"
-Cg
Enable generation of PIC code. This should only be necessary when generating
libraries on linux or other Unices.
"
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/current/user/usersu15.html#x38-450005.1.4

'Project'-'Make 4' uses smartlinking and optimisation which should reduce
binary size too. Using it by default makes debugging difficult. With 64 bit
FPC 2.6.4 it is not possible to smartlink MSEide with 2GB ram, 32 bit needs
more than 1GB.