On 2016-10-17 16:12, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> TWidgetGrid has a widget per column not per cell.

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the whole explanation.

> TStringGrid can not show icons by itself.

Does MSEgui's TStringGrid have a OnDrawCell equivalent event handler?
That's what I used in fpGUI's StringGrid to paint the icon in a cell. I
see there is OnPaint, OnAfterPaint, OnBeforePaint etc. I guess I can use
OnPaint, and then query the StringGrid (Sender parameter) to find out
the focused row and column. One possible problem I see, in those event
handlers, is the ACanvas limited to the cell rectangle, or the whole
StringGrid canvas?

I'll try and get the basics of Procedure List dialog working with a
plain StringGrid (I don't need icons to start). Then I'll rework it with
a TWidgetGrid.