On Wednesday 19 October 2016 10:36:54 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Also they can close the dialog by simply
> pressing ESC.

Please activate <form>.options fo_closeonesc in order to activate such a
behaviour.

> The developer doesn't need to fumble arround with the mouse, or use the
> TAB key to get to the correct widget. It's all about speed and
> efficiency - something you should easily relate to. ;-)

Sure. :-)

> Here is the code for the OnTextChange event handler to give you an idea.
>
> NOTE:
>   Note what I tried to do to overcome the changing of focused widget,
>   but that code doesn't seem to work either.

> procedure tprocedurelistfo.FilterTextKeyDown(const sender: twidget;
>                var ainfo: keyeventinfoty);
> var
>   int1: int32;
>   lGotoLine: integer;
>   c: gridcoordty;
> begin
>   case ainfo.key of
>     key_Up:
>         begin
//          grdProcedures.Row := grdProcedures.Row-1;
            grdProcedures.rowup();
            include(ainfo.eventstate,es_processed); //stops further processing
[...]
>           lGotoLine := StrToInt(grdProcedures.Items[c]);

Ouch, use a TWidgetGrid with a TIntegerEdit. ;-)

> > "ow_arrowfocus" defines if the widget can be target of arrow key
> > navigation.
>
> Ah, maybe I can work with this. Simply remove "ow_arrowfocus" from all
> widgets? Technically that should mean arrow navigation is disabled then
> - correct?

Correct. But setting es_processed is more appropriate.