> Do you consider that a selection can be empty, for example depending on the

>   selection settings by clicking in an empty cell?

To get the selected filename I use that code:
selected_file.text := list_files.selectednames[0] ;

And if clicking on a empty row raise a error if not using if assigned():

if assigned(list_files.selectednames) and (tag = 0) then
 begin
 if han <> -1 then sourcefo.syntaxpainter.freedeffile(han);
 selected_file.text := list_files.selectednames[0] ;
 han := sourcefo.syntaxpainter.readdeffile(list_files.directory+
 directoryseparator +selected_file.text);
sourcefo.activepage.edit.setsyntaxdef(han);
sourcefo.activepage.updatestatvalues;
end;