> I could not reproduce the problem with "strumpract" on Linux.

Because you have a big machine ;-)

But on my tinny laptop, if some other threads are working (other applications
for example), it appends.

And, IMHO, if everything is working perfectly on a slow machine, it would not
be bad for a faster. ;-)

Also, all the open-source audio multi-thread applications that you can find
(LMMS, Ardour, rosegarden,..) need big machine.
This because all use hard gui widget-set (Gnome, Qt, ...), that audo apps do
not need in fact but need lot of ressource.

Using MSEgui (with pre-created forms) or fpGUI will give access to light
machine to multi-track-playing-recording.

Fre;D