> It contradicts the value entry philosophy of MSEgui

OK, I understand but maybe it could be good, if for example a new value >
valuemax is entered, that a error range message is displayed (like MSE do
now) but after the old value before changing is restored.

For example if you assign:

valuemax := 100
valuemin := 0
value := 50

And a user enter a new value --> 200.
It will be a error range and after closing the error message, the new value
(here 200) will be still in the edit-frame.

IMHO, I would prefer to restore the old value (here 50) after the error
message.

Or maybe restore the defaultvalue in place of the old one

My 0.0009 cents..

Thanks.