Ooops, my previous post was not saved...

Here the content:

> by  way the   example in  ( mseuniverse\samples\db\gridselectedrow\)
> works only when the grid is  a tdbstringgrid and not  for a tdbwidgetgrid.

Hum, indeed, if adding in the sample:

-------
procedure tmainfo.oncellev(const sender: TObject; var info:
celleventinfoty);
begin
if (info.eventkind = cek_buttonpress) then // that was missing

if (ss_double in info.mouseeventinfopo^.shiftstate) then
  begin
 // here what to do if double-click on the cell
 end;
end;
----------------
I get, while compliing that error message:

main.pas(47,22) Error: Identifier not found "cek_buttonpress"
main.pas(56) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping

Strange because property oncellevent is published in tdbwidgetgrid (who is
descendant from tcustomdbwidgetgrid).

And this was the answer to that post:

Re-hello.

OK, I get it, adding "msegridsglob" in uses section in main.pas does the
trick.

It compiles and the oncellevent() for 2 x click works perfectly.

So, for me,  tdbstringgrid works like tdbwidgetgrid.

What problem did you find?

Fre.D