Hello Fred,

you wrote on Mon, 12 Feb 2024 21:47:34 +0000:

Another Reply...

> There is a new release 5.10.0. with binaries of MSEide and the fixes of

After having downloaded the new version and synchronized it with my
modifications, the next step was to get the "reference" applications to
work with this version. Of course, apart from using the "newdialogs", they
DID work correctly.
This gave me the incetive for two other approaches:
- One, trying to get the "newdialogs" to fully work again. Sadly, I've not
succeeded yet. They MOSTLY work, even when shifted around, but positioning
is a nightmare - there are SEVERAL positioning methods and variables, and
not all of them seem to be always updated correctly. So I tried to set them
all, which mostly worked, except when a window straddles the top screen
border. I couldn't yet find any means to find the correct CLIENT window
position, as "decorated" and client positions are always returned equal, as
if there were no decoration at all. As that's clearly not necessarily
true, I'm stuck with that problem, although other positions are processed
correctly. I'll keep on trying...
- Secondly, I decided to tackle the "problem" of some missing database data
types for postgresql, namely the (date & time) "interval" and the "money"
type (which, I think, ought to be mapped to the existing "currency" type).
I DID succeed with that, or so it seems, as I've not tested that thoroughly
enough to be certain. But as I had to completely alter the existing, though
incomplete and unworkable, implementation, I'm a bit tired now and put
further verification aside some.
Therefore, I won't publish the modified units on my web site yet. But I
will pursue these topics and provide a working implementation when I see it
justified.

In the meantime, I want to wish you Happy Easter holidays,
and keep up the good work!