Hey guys,

I'm trying to port Contiki OS for my custom fabricated board consisting of a
TI MSP430F2618 MCU and a TI CC2520 radio IC. Thus far, I have managed to
port all the neccesary drivers to get my project going. Most of the example
programs are working. However, when testing the unicast example application
with compiler optimization (-O1 and above), both nodes wouldn't be able to
receive anything. Otherwise, it worked flawlessly. Unoptimized code is not
an option for me because when I went on to enable uIPv6, the linking process
fails due to the text section overlapping. I know I could actually compare
the assembly outputs of the both OS image, but before I do so, I would like
to confirm the likelihood of this being a bug as I'm not very good with gcc
internals e.g. when programs work in O0 but not O1 and above, is it normally
a bug with the optimizer? I heard that mspgcc4 is no longer maintained and
attention are now being focused on the uniarch version of mspgcc instead. I
was wondering if there are any changes in the optimizer between the latest
snapshot of mspgcc4 and the latest uniarch mspgcc? If so, I would certainly
just jump on to the uniarch mspgcc bandwagon to give it a shot. What do you
say? Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ricky Wong Yung Fei.