Would either of these solutions work?:

- use a scheme like Malloc/free to allocate the buffers when you need them
- allocate the buffers on the stack (is there a practical limit to doing this?)
and that way they can be recycled when not in use

The terrible downside with stack based allocation is the potential for silent
and deadly stack overflow. At least a scheme like Malloc/free would give you an
error, but you wouldn't be able to do anything useful with it at runtime!

It's an interesting idea and would be very useful for embedded development,

How would the static analysis know when a certain buffer is no longer needed,
would you need to insert some kind of "static release" statement/attribute
somewhere?

- Wayne