Hello,

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:45:00 -0500
Peter Bigot <big...@acm.org> wrote:

> C++ is not supported by mspgcc.   Some people are using it to some
> degree with some success, and may be able to provide hints about
> improved compatibility, but no effort has been made to ensure it
> functions.

C++ as a language works really well with mspgcc. Well, C++ is big and
multi-paradigm, the part which is good for embedded works well (that
includes compile-time meta-programming and excludes run-time
cycle-burning, like virtual functions).

Well, it sucks that things like:

=========
struct Timer
{
    const static int irq_no = 10;
};

interrupt(Timer::irq_no) irq_handler()
{
}
=========

don't work, but I put up with that.

C++ stdlib is different story. I recently did a survey of MCU C++ libs
and found it funny that almost everyone (including me) had circular.hpp
or similar in their codebase. So, good-for-embedded things of STL (like,
well, template classes) are definitely a miss and people reinvent the
wheel. https://github.com/vancegroup/stlport-avr may be a good start to
get those.

--
Best regards,