How do I eliminate the "Segmentation fault" I get when I try it using:

   Ubuntu          12.04
   mspdebug     0.18-1
   gdb-msp430  7.2~mspgcc-7.2.2
   gcc-msp439  4.5.3~mspgcc-201

--
John

On 06/20/2013 09:53 AM, Jose Luis Honorato L. wrote:
Hi Ravim,

I can't see the output messages you intended to include, but here's a short
how-to. I just hope you don't have a specific problem with your setup.

You can use the ez430-FET emulator to program the msp-exp430f5529 without
any external hardware. Just plug your mini USB cable to the lower left USB
connector (the one in the ez430-FET emulator) and run:

sudo mspdebug rf2500 "prog bin.elf"

That should program the device after a few console messages.

You can use mspdebug with gdb too, for that you should:

    1. Run mspdebug (sudo mspdebug rf2500)
    2. In mspdebug, type gdb
    3. In another window, run msp430-gdb
    4. In gdb, type target remote localhost:2000
    5. Done

This is assuming you have all these tools installed, if not there are
plenty of guides out there on how to install them.

Kind regards,
Jose