> * The only headers/linker scripts available are from
> GCC_RH_20131206.zip; memory.ld and peripherals.ld for each MCU need to
> be manually combined to get something binutils can process

Hmmm... I was under the impression that there were toplevel
chip-specific scripts that included the sub-scripts.  Maybe that's
handled some other way in the TI IDE...

> * __delay_cycles() didn't get back-ported from the version that TI
> published back in December

My bad.  I can provide it if anyone needs it, but I'll see about
adding it to the 4.9 branch.

> I expect there'll be some issues with newlib as well; it appears to
> use a unique syscall interface that I haven't tried to reverse
> engineer.

It uses the TI CIO interface.

> Insight from Red Hat on a complete set of recommended flags known to
> work together would be appreciated.

We build with the "big" newlib, for testing.  There are a bunch of flags
which I mentioned in my "size optimization" email:

https://www.mail-archive.com/mspgcc-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg11977.html