Hello,

this is my first poste to this list and i first want to thank all how
contributed to the free msp430 compiler.
I am using it a lot.

As i am not jet familiar with searching on the list please forgive me if
i have missed a post answering my questions.

I have two questions:
1.) The compiler backend seems to have changed from mspgcc3 to mspgcc4.
In version 3.2.3 a move instuction was a one cycle instuction directly
from source to destination. in later versions it was split into a two
cycle instuction, first move source to a register then move register to
destination. This can be seen in the asembler code.  Is there a way to
get back to the old behavior?

2.) I want to install the old version mspgcc3 (3.2.3) on a 64 bit debian
machine, where can i get sources and/or binaries and how to find out the
corresponding msp430-libc and the binutils-msp430. Debian arcives are
hosting mspgcc4 onwards only.

thanks
Tilmann