On 26/giu/2014, at 22:44, Peter Bigot <big...@acm.org> wrote:

> My recommendation is to look at what MacPorts does for gcc-arm or some
> other cross-compilation GNU toolchain that produces binutils, gcc,
> gdb, and library/header packages, and replicate that using the msp430
> target flags.  That would seem to be the best way to produce packages
> that are compatible with what users will expect.

Thanks. I see that arm-elf-gcc includes newlib in the compiler package. I’m
able to build binutils just fine, unfortunately gcc has some errors with clang
(stray ‘-static-libgcc’ options that are not supported by clang).

Is msp430 support present in the latest gdb, too?

--
Aljaž Srebrnič a.k.a g5pw
My public key:  http://bit.ly/g5pw_pubkey