Hi!

I would like to put something in the main WIM build (Major version) and
something in the task sequence (minor version) so I can keep track of the
build version of the SOE.
The idea is that I can run a SCCM report against al systems and work out
the build level of servers and workstations.
The idea is that if there is a known problem with a certain build, we can
identify all affected machines and remediate
I was looking at doing something like this and tweak the registry at the
end of the task sequence
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/user-support/change-the-oem-information-in-the-windows-system-properties-panel-to-your-own/

but , out of the box SCCM does not appear to report on this.
How can I get it to report on this?
or alternatively...

How do the rest of you keep track of versions?

I want to stamp the version at the task sequence level, not at the WIM

SCCM 2007 SP2 (yes I know) and MDT

cheers