From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Lindenfeld, Ivan
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 11:53 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] RE: Software True-up reporting questions

I always ran the built in Asset Intelligence reports, but you have to plan
ahead to enable the feature.

They don't work well for accuracy, but for reporting Microsoft licenses to
Microsoft, as long as they are inaccurate in your favor, hey, you're using a
Microsoft product so they can't complain.

We recently purchased a normalization suite, Provance.  I have no feedback
except that Procurement won't be asking me for licensing reports anymore, it's
on their side of the fence now.  It uses SCCM data.

I have an Office SQL query that I stole from Marcum and edited a bit.  It
essentially already has the list of odd product names figured in.  Since he's
in the thread, let's see if he has a later version of that report otherwise
I'll shoot you my revision.

Ivan Lindenfeld
Sr. Systems Engineer
Enterprise Deployment / SCCM
Fidelity National Financial | Jacksonville, Florida