From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Trevor Sullivan
Sent: Monday, January 6, 2014 4:58 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [mssms] Differences between Server 2008 and Server 2012

Mike,

"Server2008" and "Server2012" are strings, not integers. Therefore, you cannot
perform mathematical operations on them without first transforming them into
something different (eg. an array of Bytes).

Besides, even if you were to assume that he wanted the difference between
[Int32]2008 and [Int32]2012, the term "difference" implies subtraction, in the
context of mathematics. Because the smaller number came before the larger
number, the true "difference" would be -4, not 4.

Cheers,
Trevor Sullivan

TechNet - What's New in Windows Server 2012
R2<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn250019.aspx>

Cheers,
Trevor Sullivan