From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of David O'Brien
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:06 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [mssms] machines roaming between locations

Hi,

anyone an idea? Can't see why clients wouldn't realize when they're in a new
boundary...

-------
David
http://www.david-obrien.net

________________________________
From: david.obr...@gmx.de<mailto:david.obr...@gmx.de>
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com<mailto:mssms@lists.myitforum.com>
Subject: [mssms] machines roaming between locations
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 21:20:35 +0100
Hi all,

experiencing a weird issue again at a customer.
Their users roam nearly daily between onsite and their home offices.
Obviously we did not create boundaries for their home offices, we did though
for the VPN connections and configured them as slow to only get Security
Updates.

What happens is that those machines get a required deployment policy to install
something while at home connected via VPN. It's obviously not being executed,
because of the slow boundary.
They get in to work the next day and are now in the company's fast boundary. A
lot of machines are now stuck at Downloading 0% for a lot of apps.

Locationservices.log is saying "Calling back with empty distribution points
list" and "Failed to return the distribution points (0x87d00215)" and then
"Error invoking LSInvokeCallback".

Clients not roaming boundaries do not have these problems.

The Deployment Monitoring Tool tells me what above made me expect, that the
client didn't find any content location. The boundaries are configured
correctly, I just checked the same application with a client that doesn't roam
and the content got downloaded right away.

Has any of you saw issues with machines roaming locations and then failing to
download content?
Am I thinking wrong or shouldn't the client realize it's in a managed boundary
and get the content location right away?

Thanks.

-------
David
http://www.david-obrien.net