There is a third party vendor product's which can watch these process's and act
accordingly.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Miller, Todd
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 10:41 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] RE: User logs out during package based install

It turns out that any process running with desktop interaction will terminate
upon user logout/shutdown.  Even though a process is running as SYSTEM, if you
have it set to interact with the user desktop, the process will terminate
immediately upon user logout.  This is not specific to SCCM.  You can check
this out by launching notepad.exe as SYSTEM using psexec with system &
interactive flags.  Once the process is running, you can see in TaskMgr that it
is running as SYSTEM.  If the logged in user logs out, all process running in
the userland desktop are terminated even though the process is not running as
that user.  If on the other hand, you launch Notepad.exe as system without
setting the interactive flag, the Notepad window will not be visible to the
logged in user and the process will survive a logout (but not a shutdown
obviously.)

This affects any SCCM deployment that is set to run interactively.  If the user
logs out during dialogs or the installation process, the installation process
will terminate.  It is possible to write Autoit or other scripting wrappers
which subscribe to and block shutdown/logout events.  I am looking into this
option to make my installers more robust.

The other option, I think, might be to rely on SCCM notification processes and
reboot notifications and mark package installations as non-interactive.  It is
not flexible enough for our environment, but it probably works great in some
scenarios.