FYI . I currently have a case open with Microsoft Premier Support regarding
Compliance Settings.

As of right now, it is not possible to execute a Remediation Script, when
you are using an existential rule. If you are using a value-based rule, your
Discovery Script must output something, in order for the Remediation Script
to be executed. If your Discovery Script does not provide any output, then
compliance state will be assessed correctly, however the Remediation Script
will never be executed.

This has been a rather frustrating experience, but at least we have a
workaround until they fix the ability to use existential compliance rules
with Remediation Scripts.

Cheers,

Trevor Sullivan

Microsoft PowerShell MVP